Monday, January 26, 2009

Joy In the Morning

Ps 30:4 Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness. 5) For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
Someone said you know you are going to have a bad day when the bird singing outside your window is a buzzard; when your birthday cake collapses from the weight of the candles; when your pet rock snaps at you; when your horn gets stuck while following a gang of “Hell’s Angels” on the freeway, you know it is going to be a bad day!
Several years ago, I was complaining to my dad about some of my problems in the ministry. After a few of my complaints, dad said, “Son, you need to just, praise the Lord! If you don’t feel that you have anything to praise the Lord about, then, just praise him on credit, for the Lord is good!”
There have been so many times that I have thought about that statement when I was tempted to be discouraged. Yes, I have found that God’s credit is good. In fact, God is good all the time and he is good to his children. Even, when trials, burdens or needed chastening has come my way, I have found that God has done everything for my good and for his glory.
It takes faith in God, to praise him when the clouds hide the face of the sun. Nevertheless, the sun is shinning ever so brightly though I can’t see it. Difficulties may overshadow me, yet, I know that my God sees me and he knows my every need. I have found that it pleases him when I trust him in the shadows and praise him. He turns the trials into triumphs every time. 1Th 5:18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
As the psalmist has admonished, Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks… and yes though, …weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. I believe that is, “praising the Lord on credit!”
Heavenly Father, forgive my complaining and lack of praise. You are good and worthy of my praise. Thank you for all of your grace toward me. I praise your hallowed name. Thank you for the gift of your only Begotten Son and in him I praise you, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment