Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Are You In Need of a Face Lift?

Ezr 9:6 And said, O my God, I am ashamed and blush to lift up my face to thee, my God: for our iniquities are increased over our head, and our trespass is grown up unto the heavens.
Two young ladies were having a conversation about face-lifts. “My mother had a face-lift by the famous, Dr. Larry D. Longman.” The other young lady replied, “My uncle also had a face-lift by a famous man.” “Who was it,” asked the first? “Mr. Harry D. Hangman!” said the second.
How wonderful for God to give us a spiritual face-lift. There are times when our faces are down cast. Ezra realized the spiritual condition of the remnant that had returned from 70 years of captivity in the world. Though they had returned to the land to rebuild the temple, a good cause, yet they still retained the bondage of sin in their lives. Ezra blushed before a Holy God. Perhaps, as one would look into a mirror, recognizing that life and time had wearied the face causing it to droop, so, sin and weariness had worn and scarred the face of Israel.
When in need of a spiritual face-lift we must do three things. First, we need to look honestly into the mirror of the Word of God and see ourselves as we truly are. There is no need to kid ourselves. The mirror doesn’t lie. It matters not, though we think our neighbor needs the spiritual procedure more.
Second, we must seek the Great Physician’s services. All others will fail. No need to try to cover with deceitful cosmetics such as, “I’m OK and your OK cream” or put on a hypocritical face mask. You must seek the best services and don’t settle for less. Ps 27:8 When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek.
Thirdly, you must trust Him and yield to Him. Let, the Greatest Surgeon ever, remove the ugly excess, cleanse the shame from the face and replace the world-worn likeness with the brightness of His countenance, the beauty of His face. Ps 90:17 And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us: Ps 17:15 As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.
Heavenly Father, change my countenance. Let the beauty of thy holiness shine on my face. May others see the likeness of thy Son in me, in Jesus Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment